Not all of us are tech-savvy and immediately know about connecting speakers to monitors. Lucky for you it’s easy and simple but make sure that your speakers work perfectly. Not all monitors have embedded speakers, therefore external speakers come in handy to get audio from such monitors. Here is all you need to know when connecting speakers to monitor:
How to connect speakers to monitor?
Knowing your monitor specifications:
Firstly the monitor should have a port for speaker connection. Many computer monitors have a specific port for connecting speakers, however, sometimes that is not the case. So this can be done by looking at the back of your computer, there should be an audio-out port (green colored) for speaker connection. If your monitor does not have an audio-in port but features audio-out then you can use an RCA cable or HDMI cable.
Step by step guide for connecting speakers to monitor using audio-out port:
You can connect wireless speakers and wired speakers, here is a guide for connecting speakers to monitor with an audio cable:
- Turn your monitor off so you don’t get an electric shock or you can keep it on if you can connect it with caution.
- Speakers that have different audio cables need to be attached to a 3.5mm splitter for a balanced connection. If your speakers have already attached cables then you do not need a 3.5 mm splitter audio cable.
- Attach the sparks audio cable at the back 3.5mm audio-out port for your monitor.
- Make sure to plug the speakers’ cable into the green socket of the computer.
- Also, if your speaker has different colored wires then you can attach them to respective colored ports at the back of the monitor.
- Now that your speakers are connected, all you have to do is set them up as default speakers.
Guide to set speakers as default sound system:
This is needed to be done if your monitor has built-in speakers. Having external speakers connected will provide a clear audio experience. After plugging in speakers into the monitor, here’s what you will need to do
- Turn on your monitor.
- Select the Start icon and click on the control panel.
- Find hardware and sound settings and select that.
- Go to sound and a small screen will pop up.
- In the playback section, select speakers as default and click ok.
- Finally, your monitor will play sound from speakers.
Step by step guide for connecting speakers to monitor by using RCA cable:
- Make sure your speaker cable is of a suitable size for your monitor.
- A speaker cable typically has two RCA plugs. the red and white colored cables should be plugged into their respective ports.
- If your display doesn’t come with an auxiliary audio input port, you can get a mini-jack to RCA connection.
- Simply insert both endpoints of the cable into the speakers.
- That will transmit the audio to your monitor through the headphone output on your monitor or A/V receiver.
- Your speaker will be connected to your monitor.
Frequently Asked Questions
All in all, you connect an audio cable of speakers to your monitor Which gets connected through the back of the computer. External speakers are a great solution to get audio if the monitor does not have built-in speakers. Lastly, we hope the above guide helped you in connecting speakers to monitor.
Hello, I am Zayn, a tech enthusiast, and have been writing on this topic for the past 10 years. I have had my hands on hundreds of tech gadgets over the years and know what it takes to make a quality product that stands out from the crowd. That’s why; I only focus on providing test results, reviews, and buying guides for technology devices. Thank you very much for taking the time to look at my bio; it really means a lot!