Has your TV been out of power and do you still want to continue your unfinished game? Well, that’s possible if you have a computer monitor. Gaming on consoles has been a trend for a few years now and is fun for all ages. Usually, you connect your newly bought ps4 or ps5 with a TV, but you can connect it to a monitor as well! Moreover, using computer monitors or gaming computer monitors will also provide the experience of gaming with high quality and graphics. In addition to that, it’s a well-known fact that monitors are better for ps4 rather than TVs. In contrast to televisions, monitors offer less input lag, quicker response, and fast refresh amount.
So by now you know that connecting the PS4 to your monitor is possible, let us guide you on how to connect it.
How To Connect Ps4 To Monitor?
How to connect PS4 to the monitor by cables?
Ps4 consoles have an HDMI multi-media port that can transfer both audible and video data. All ps4 have this port but not all monitors have it. It is essential to know that your monitor must have an HDMI port. But do not fret if there is no HDMI port you can always use an adapter.
Here is a simple step-by-step procedure that you can use to connect PS4 if your monitor has an HDMI port:
- Make sure your monitor and PS4 devices are powered off.
- Get an HDMI cable.
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the PS4.
- The other end should be plugged into the monitor.
- Turn on both devices i.e. PS4 and monitor.
- Customize the setting you want on the PS4 and enjoy gaming on your monitor.
In this case, all you have to do is use a VGA-HDMI converter cable instead of an HDMI cable. The converter should be HDCP compatible and have an audio line as well. After making sure you have the right cable follow these steps:
- Turn off your monitor and PS4.
- Get the HDMI end of the cable and connect it to the PS4.
- Connect VGA end to monitor VGA port.
- Turn on PS4 and press the “power” button for 10 sec so it can recover.
- Connect the PS4 controller using a USB cable.
- Turn on the monitor and set it to 720p or 1080p according to your screen resolutions.
- Finally, your monitor and PS4 are now connected. Proceed to play games and have fun.
Keep in mind that the PS4 and PC have different resolutions. Set the level to 720p if your system specifications are less than 1080p. If you try to increase the resolutions then, your monitor will display a black screen, and you’ll have to connect it all over again.
For a budget-friendly way, you can use an HDMI-DVI cable instead of a VGA adapter. That is possible if your monitor features a DVI port. The sole disadvantage of this method is that DVI can not carry audio signals. Therefore, you might need to consider getting a soundbar with optical output.
- Make sure both devices are powered off.
- In the PS4 HDMI port, connect the HDMI end of the cable.
- Connect the other part of the cable to the DVI port in the monitor.
- Turn on your devices.
- Test the volume and you are set to play games.
If you do not have a soundbar:
In this scenario, you need three things:
- HDMI to composite converter
- HDMI cable
- Composite cable
These are the steps you need to follow to connect PS4 to monitor:
- Turn off the monitor and PS4.
- Put the HDMI cable’s one end in the PS4 and the other in the converter’s HDMI port.
- Connect the HDMI converter to the USB power supply that is in HDMI to the composite converter
- Put the composite cable into your monitor following color codes.
- Turn on both devices and you can play all you want on the monitor display!
How to connect the PS4 controller to your monitor?
To play on the monitor smoothly, you need to connect the PS4 controller to the monitor as well. Unlike the procedure of connecting a PS4 to a monitor, you do not need to get into any plugging or connecting sort of work. But you do require programs like a Bluetooth-enabled computer or Bluetooth dongle, DS4Windows software, and PS4 Controller. Just download DS4 software and you are good to go.
Connect using wireless Bluetooth for wireless connection. Or you can opt for a micro-USB cable for a wired connection.
Frequently Asked Questions
All in all, connecting a PS4 to a computer monitor is easy and straightforward. It’s good to be informed about these simple techniques. We’ve gone over many options for connecting your PS4 to your computer monitor.
All of the ways are efficient in providing you with an incredible gaming experience. To keep safe from any type of risky behavior, make sure you follow each step with caution and concentration.
Hello, I am Zayn, a tech enthusiast, and have been writing on this topic for the past 10 years. I have had my hands on hundreds of tech gadgets over the years and know what it takes to make a quality product that stands out from the crowd. That’s why; I only focus on providing test results, reviews, and buying guides for technology devices. Thank you very much for taking the time to look at my bio; it really means a lot!